Application materials are due in 9 days, October 31st. Please note that this year we are requesting that applicants propose a public service project in collaboration with a public sector (non-profit or governmental) organization; including a letter of support from their community partner!
If you, or your students, have any questions, feel free to contact me directly or via engage.
Factors influencing the selection of Munro Public Service Fellows include:
· Historical commitment to and involvement with community engagement activities
· Depth of partnership/relationship with proposed public sector partner
· Scope and impact of proposed work during the Fellowship
· Potentially sustainability of proposed project, how will the organization sustain this work at the end of your Fellowship?
· Connection between proposed project, academic studies, and professional/educational goals and objectives
Made possible through the support of the Henry M. Jackson Foundation, the Fellowship is named for late Senator Henry M. “Scoop” Jackson, S. Sterling Munro, Jr., the former top aide to Senator Jackson and Administrator of the Bonneville Power Administration, and Gene Munro, a lifelong advocate for public service and the wife of S. Sterling Munro Jr.
The application deadline for the 2015 Fellowship is 11:59PM on Friday, October 31st. Application instructions and Fellowship expectations can be found at http://www.washington.edu/carlson/jackson-munro-public-service-fellowship/
Questions? Contact Rachel Vaughn, Director, Carlson Leadership & Public Service Center at engage.