This is an update regarding the Chief’s Scholar Recent Graduates (CSRG) hiring program. It is looking like the announcement will be open on USAJobs between July 8-12. As it stands now the CSRG announcements will be listed individually. The key is to look for recent graduates positions that have a GS-9/11 grade structure. Unfortunately we will not be able to label each position with the CSRG tagline.
In order to prepare for this opportunity it is critical that any interested applicants prepare their USAJobs profile and associated documents. Below are some steps you can take to prepare. I have also attached a brief outline of the CSRG program.
· Get familiar with USAJobs. See “How to Apply for a Job on USAJobs” at: http://www.fs.fed.us/fsjobs/USAJOBS_Instructions.pdf
· Create an account on USAJobs website. https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Account
· Use the USAJobs tool to create a profile and resume
· Post all relevant documents to your USAJob account, i.e. current transcripts, degree completion documentation, letters of recommendations, and veterans preference documentation
· Sign-up for e-mail notifications for Forest Service job postings using the “save search” function in your USAJobs profile.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact any member of the CSRG Recruitment Committee. Our names are below.
Ben Johnson, benjamincjohnson
Tania Ellersick, tmellersick
Melissa Jenkins, melissaljenkins
Thank you for your time and good luck with your applications,
Coronado National Forest
Natural Resource Specialist | Presidential Management Fellow