Hello! Please let students know that the Early Childhood and Family Studies major is currently accepting applications for autumn quarter! Points students should keep in mind:
- the program prerequisites can be in progress and need not be completed prior to application – students can work on them their first year in the major!
- this major is not just for students interested in becoming elementary school teachers! Our students are interested in child life, school program administration, preschool, policy development, child advocacy issues, nursing, occupational therapy, special education, curriculum development, early learning development and research, school psychology and more!
- service learning is a big part of our program and students get experience in Headstart programs and other areas
- this major is continuing to grow, and more electives are being developed within the College of Education to enhance the studies of undergraduates
- there is an Apply Now button on the ECFS website for an easy on-line application via drop-box!