Please pass on to your contacts and students.
This year the National Organization of Professional Hispanic NRCS Employees (NOPHNRCSE) will award three $1,000.00 academic scholarships to qualified students that will or are pursuing a degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources, or Natural Resources Conservation related field of study at an accredited school of higher education.
In addition to the scholarships mentioned above, NOPHNRCSE offers one specially funded scholarship, established by a notable member (Martha Guerra-Arteaga ) and her family to encourage new generations of Hispanics to pursue careers in Public Affairs, Agriculture or Natural Resources Conservation.
*Due date for application is May 1 ,2013
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- Graduating High School students accepted to an accredited college or university and registered students with at least one full academic year remaining before completing undergraduate education. Demonstrate integrity, ability, and competence in work
- Show interest in pursuing a career in Natural Resources Conservation
- Have a grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Submit a complete application package which includes: application form and requested documentation
- Must show proof of U.S. citizenship – copy of Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate only
For more information see attached 2013 NOPHNRCSE application form or visit our NOPHNRCSE website at http://nophnrcse.org/
Heather Y. Medina Sauceda
Basin Team Leader
Central Coast / Upper Willamette Basin
31978 North Lake Creek Dr.
Tangent, OR. 97389
phone: 541.967.5925 ext 110
cell phone: 541.974.5268
The USDA-NRCS is an equal
opportunity provider and employer.
NOTICE to Hispanic or Women Farmers: If you believe USDA improperly denied you farm loan benefits during 1981-2000, see farmerclaims.gov for info.