The Undergraduate Research Program (URP) in the Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity (EXPD) promotes and facilitates opportunities for undergraduates to participate in research with faculty, provides a public forum for students to present their work, and offers advising and other resources.
URP is currently seeking an undergraduate student assistant to work 15 hours per week, preferably starting at the beginning of September and continuing through the academic year of 2016-17. Compensation is $13.00/hour. This position is Work-Study eligible.
- Provide web, database, and other technology support for the Undergraduate Research
- Program including routine URP website updates.
- Assist in daily operations including email management, the development, production, and distribution of URP publication materials, social media communications, office organization, and program outreach.
- Perform a variety of support functions for URP programs and events, including the Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Support the coordination of our Undergraduate Research Leaders program, a volunteer cohort of undergraduate researchers who inspire undergrads to get involved in research.
- Occasional front desk reception support for the Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity.
- Valuable experience for students who want to gain professional work experience and/or learn about student services in higher education.
- Interesting/relevant work environment for students who are already involved or interested in undergraduate research.
- Work with friendly staff in a supportive, team-oriented environment.
- Work well both as a member of a small team and independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving skills, ability to balance a variety of duties, and attention to detail.
- Experience with PC applications, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, web-page updates and maintenance.
- High comfort level with computer technology and software programs, including interest in learning new web-page design and other technical skills.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with basic HTML and/or WordPress.
- Familiarity with using social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Blog, Tagboard)
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Familiarity with basic Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and/or InDesign.
How to Apply: Priority deadline for consideration is Monday, July 25
Please fill out the online application that includes a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript, and two references available at: https://expo.uw.edu/expo/apply/426
To learn more about the Undergraduate Research Program, visit: uw.edu/undergradresearch
A flyer for the position with additional information is available below: