Still looking for a great 5 credit course for Autumn? C ENV 110 Introduction to Food and the Environment examines the intersection of food, environment, and human health. Earn NW or I&S credits. No prerequisites! Register today!
- C ENV 110 Introduction to Food and the Environment – 5 credits
- SLN# 11891 (plus lab section)
- No prerequisites. Great for Freshmen!
Everyone eats, and all food production has environmental consequences.
· Discover environmental science through food production.
· Explore the link between the decline of civilizations and current farmer efforts to cope with changing water supply, topsoil loss, and technology.
· Create a food diary and find out the environmental consequences of your diet.
· Understand what climate change, politics, culture, biodiversity, and geography have to do with food.
Also offered as part of a FIG (sections AB & AD)