School of Biological Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
Washington State University
The School of Biological Sciences at Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, invites applications for a full-time, permanent, tenure-track faculty position in behavioral ecology. This position is to be filled at the Assistant Professor level and will begin in August of 2017.
1) Earned doctorate in an appropriate biological discipline at the time of application.
2) Record of research accomplishment in behavioral ecology.
3) Evidence of commitment to teaching excellence and potential for outstanding teaching.
4) Effective communication skills.
1) Expertise in genomic, molecular, neurobiological, physiological, and/or use of quantitative approaches to study behavior. Research areas of interest include proximate mechanisms of behavior, behavioral responses to the environment, complex social systems, communication, or ultimate causes of behavior.
2) Ability to complement our faculty’s strengths in organismal and evolutionary biology,
population genetics, ecology, and animal physiology.
Job Duties: The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain an internationally recognized, extramurally funded research program in behavioral ecology,train graduate and undergraduate students, participate in graduate and undergraduateteaching, participate in service needs, and advance the university’s commitment todiversity and multiculturalism.
To apply visit http://www.wsujobs.com and upload application materials. Applications must include a letter of application addressing qualifications, a curriculum vitae, separate teaching and research statements, and up to three selected reprints of published or in press papers. Three letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s history of and potential for research, teaching and communication excellence are required. The reference letters will be automatically requested and obtained from the reference provider through our online application system. Review of applications with reference letters begins September 30, 2016.
For information on the position or the status of your application, candidates may contact Dr. Hubert Schwabl (firstname.lastname@example.org).Full notice of vacancy can be viewed at https://www.wsujobs.com