The Detroit Ranger District is advertising one permanent Forestry Technician, GS-0462-5/6/7 with a guarantee of 18 pay periods per calendar year (18/8). The duty station is the Detroit Ranger District in Detroit, Oregon. The purpose of this Notice is to inform the potential applicant pool of this position.
If you are interested in this position please complete the attached Outreach Response Form and return it to Mark Leis by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 21, 2016.
The vacancy announcement for this position will be posted on USAJOBS, the U.S. Government’s official website for employment opportunities at http://www.usajobs.gov.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is located at the Detroit Ranger District office where the incumbent will serve as a pre-sale forestry technician and harvest inspector. This position will serve as an assistant to the district Lead Pre-sale Forester performing timber sale preparation duties and to the district Timber Sale Administrator checking contract compliance on active timber sales.
The duties of the position include:
- Independently apply silviculture prescriptions.
- Create maps using ArcGIS.
- Mark boundaries to designate timber sale units in a variety of stand conditions.
- Traverse harvest unit boundaries using a GPS receiver to locate and map units and roads.
- Use R6 approved cruising methods to cruise harvest units.
- Use R6 approved procedures to complete timber sale appraisals and contracts.
- Conduct utilization and truck checks on active timber sales.
- Ensure timber sale contract requirements are being met.