You are invited you to this term’s final presentations for ENVIR 480 Sustainability Studio!
This term’s topic is: Socially Responsible Purchasing.
This year’s presentations will run from 11:30 am to 1:20 pm on December 8 in the Wallace Hall Commons.
This term’s projects/client partners include:
- Supplier Diversity at UW – who are we missing?
- Team assessed current supplier partnerships at UW, looking at where and who our WMBE contracts are – or are not – and why
- Logos and Certifications – How much do they matter?
- Team designed and implemented a UW-wide survey to examine perceptions of different “green” certifications, and how this effects purchasing decisions across campus
- Two teams working with the City of Auburn to develop their Buy Local Program
- The City of Auburn is launching its Buy Local Program to increase awareness of local business offerings and to help keep money within the community
- Teams focused around data collection and marketing/design for the program
- Be a Good Dawg marketing team
- Be a Good Dawg is a new program with UW Office of Sustainability that is focused around individuals making more sustainable purchasing decisions, being involved in local community events, and being a mindful consumer of energy, resources, etc.
- Team developed a matrix of marketing and outreach opportunities (and developed initial outreach materials)
- SafeFlame – starting a startup
- SafeFlame is a company currently developing safer stoves for residents in Guinea. All stoves use locally-available materials and drastically reduce indoor smoke levels
- Team worked tested oven prototypes, examined funding opportunities, partnerships, and grants, and developed social media materials for SafeFlame