Advisers 2-Week Digest | December 14, 2016
Advisers, please share the following with your students.
What should you do with a startup idea?
Have an innovative idea? Great. Now you just need to design it, build a prototype, create a business plan, find funding, and do some marketing. Phew. Don’t know how to do all of that? No worries. The UW Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship (mabryl
Three Innovation Competitions!
· Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge (EIC): a competition for students who have innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing environmental problems
· Health Innovation Challenge (HIC): a competition for students who have innovative solutions that address health and healthcare challenges
· Business Plan Competition (BPC): a WA-wide, multi-tiered startup competition at UW for students with big ideas and the passion to see them through
Need money to build a prototype? We have funding to help you.
Have a great idea for an innovation that will contribute to a healthier planet? Prototype funding is available to students who plan to enter the Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge. Most prototype awards are between $500 and $3,000 per team.
· Apply Now: https://app.reviewr.com/s1/site/EIC1617
· Application deadline: Monday, December 19 at 5 PM