Communicating with Faculty – A workshop for International Graduate Students
Date, Time & Location:
Friday, Feb. 24, 2017
12:00 – 1:30p.m.
HUB 334, Seattle Campus
When you are an international graduate student, communicating with faculty from a different culture can sometimes be stressful. This event will introduce different approaches that will make communication with faculty easier. At this workshop, a panel of faculty and staff members from across the disciplines will share insights on this topic.
During the workshop, you will:
* Learn tips to communicate effectively with faculty members * Discuss strategies to navigate miscommunications
* Network with fellow international graduate students
· Mari Ostendorf, Professor, Electric Engineering
· Wendy Thomas, Associate Professor, Bioengineering
· Xiaosong Li, Professor, Chemistry
· Kelly Edwards, Professor, Bioethics
· Jennifer Tee, Graduate Advisor, Public Health
The free event is co-sponsored by Core Programs in the Graduate School, GPSS and FIUTS. Send questions or comments to Ziyan Bai .