The Martin Family Foundation Honors Scholarship application is now open and available at http://expd.uw.edu/expo/scholarships/martinfamily. Deadline for applications is July 6, 2018. Students who are transferring to UW Seattle in summer 2018, fall 2018, winter 2019. or even those who have already transferred to UW Seattle but have not yet earned more than 18 credits, may be eligible to apply. The scholarship provides up to $12,000/year for up to 3 years of study at UW Seattle.
Please note that students from ANY Washington State community college are potentially eligible to apply for this scholarship (see complete details on the website and eligibility details below).
The Martin Family Foundation Honors Scholarship Program enables community college students of exceptional ability and outstanding achievement to complete their baccalaureate degrees at the University of Washington-Seattle. Martin Scholars are encouraged to join departmental honors programs at UW, if available. Applicants are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose. They are expected to have well-formulated ideas about the direction of future studies and subsequent careers. There should be evidence that a Martin Scholarship will encourage pursuit of a program of education most likely to fulfill the applicant’s potential. Financial need may be considered but is not a requirement.
· Applicants must be Washington State residents who are in any one of the following three categories: (1) US citizens, or (2) US Permanent Residents, or (3) Eligible for in-state tuition through HB 1079 qualification.
o For additional information about HB 1079 qualification, please visit http://readysetgrad.org/wasfa. If this applies to you, please also be aware that some colleges may have different requirements; UW’s requirements are detailed at https://depts.washington.edu/reach/hb-1079undocumented-students/. If you have any questions or concerns about meeting this requirement, please contact Robin Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-543-2603.
· Applicants must be currently attending or have attended a community college in the state of Washington.
· Applicants must have earned a minimum of 36 credits at a Washington State community college by the time they matriculate at the University of Washington. Students who hold an associate’s degree are encouraged to apply.
· Washington State community college transfer students who are currently enrolled at the University of Washington may not have earned more than 18 UW credits by the application deadline of July 6, 2018.
· The award will depend on successful admission to the University of Washington as a matriculated student.
· The selection committee gives no consideration to an applicant’s gender, race, color, creed, or national origin.