Rrecruiting a permanent PhD-level principal investigator to join our research team. The incumbent will be based in Everglades National Park and will primarily conduct research on federal lands in southern Florida. Major duties will include:
– Conducting research on invasive reptiles, with emphases on Burmese pythons and black-and-white tegus
– Analyzing data and publishing in peer-reviewed journals.
– Oversight of at least 2 co-workers and numerous interns
– Coordination with Colorado-based co-PIs and cooperators to develop long-term research directions and strategies
– Serving as a point of contact for cooperators, government officials, and the media, and representing USGS at various meetings and workshops.
Applicants from a variety of research backgrounds will be considered, but they’re particularly interested in candidates with herpetological expertise, quantitative chops, solid people skills, and proven writing ability. A passion for natural history is a big plus.
Additional info and application instructions can be found here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506619600
Starting salary for this GS12 position is $77K, and start date is negotiable.
The application deadline is 13 August. All applications must be submitted via the website.