Society of Wetland Scientists and Society of Ecological Restoration:
Joint Conference in Spokane, Washington, October 15-17, 2018.
Call for Student Volunteers
Conference participation has many benefits:
- Meeting the region’s leading ecological restoration and wetland science practitioners
- Learning about the latest research and innovations
- Connecting your coursework and research to real-world efforts to restore systems in the Northwest, Great Basin, Intermountain West, and beyond.
- Making connections and growing your personal network
Volunteer at the conference to receive reduced or waived conference registration (including meals)!
Volunteer duties may include helping with poster set-up and take-down; supporting AV needs; staffing registration desk; and supporting field trips and workshops. Volunteers will be asked to attend a brief volunteer training and information session, likely to be held the evening before the conference begins (or the morning of the first day). Volunteers will receive registration waivers as follows:
- Volunteer for 12 hours: attend free all 3 days of the conference
- Volunteer for 8 hours: attend 2 free days of the conference
- Volunteer for 4 hours: attend 1 free day of the conference
Volunteer opportunities are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. For information about the conference, visit https://restoration2018.org/.
To request volunteer status or ask questions about volunteering, please contact Josh Wozniak, SWS-PNW member, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is September 21st.