Apply now to join the Husky Experience Student Advisory Council
Help advance the Husky Seed Fund, an award that brings to life innovative ideas by students that are inclusive, impactful, and inventive to the UW. Gain valuable experience advancing and managing a program that will impact thousands of students at UW.
What types of student-led efforts would improve the overall Husky Experience? What would inspire students to create such a project and apply for funding? You be the judge!
The Provost’s Office will provide the funding, basic structure and guidance for HESAC members to lead and advance the Husky Seed Fund. In work groups, members will: gain program management, leadership, and financial management skills; help fellow Huskies by shaping how dollars impact their ideas; and receive coaching from Provost’s Office staff on how to include this experience on a resume, talk about it in person and apply lessons learned and skills gained going forward.
Deadline: 5:00 p.m., October 23, 2018
This year the HESAC will be doing two things; selecting new projects and overseeing the two projects selected last year – Capillaries Journal and One of Many. Members will participate in both of these areas.
To help you gauge the time commitment to HESAC, here is a schedule of activities:
· Bi-weekly whole group meetings – Tuesdays 3:30-5:30pm
o Autumn Quarter
§ November 6 & 20
§ December 4
o Winter Quarter
§ January 15 & 29
§ February 12 & 26
§ March 12
o Spring Quarter
§ April 2, 16 & 30
§ May 7 & 21
§ June 4
· As needed – small group meetings between bi-weekly meetings
o To be arranged by small group members
- We are not able to flex meeting times, so please double-check your schedule to ensure you can attend at these times if you are selected. If so, please place holds for these meetings on your calendar now.
Student Advisory Councilmember Terms of Service:
- Councilmembers will serve 1-year terms, with a possible 1-year reappointment.
- Council members will review and award seed funding to peers. They will not be eligible to apply for seed funding in the year in which they serve.
Questions? Contact Katy DeRosier at katyd2
Program Development Director
Office of the Provost & The Graduate School
312 Loew Hall-Box 352191, Seattle, WA 98195
206.221.1437 fax 206.543.8798