The OWRC is an interdisciplinary center that offers free, one-to-one peer writing and research support for UW students, faculty, and staff. We will work with any writer, on any projects, in any discipline, and at any phase in the process. Our appointments are 45-minute consultations with peer tutors from a range a disciplines. We’re proud of the diverse range of experiences, majors, languages, and backgrounds that our tutors bring. Learn more about our tutors and librarians here.
The OWRC also offers
Support for International and Multilingual Students
- Targeted Learning Communities (TLCs): Weekly, small group tutoring for three to five international and multilingual students from the same course. TLC groups support students’ classroom learning, combine personal goals with academic goals, and create long-term learning communities. Sign-ups available through January 23!
Support for Graduate Students
- Dissertation Writing Retreat: Week-long, writing retreat designed to support graduate students interested in making significant progress on their dissertation. The retreat consists of presentations, workshops, solo writing time and daily sessions with a peer tutor.
- Open Writing Circles: Weekly, writing group meetings for writers working on long-term projects. Writers meet in Allen Research Commons to sit and write together to provide light structure, goal-setting, and some companionship. Writing Circles are held on Tuesdays, 1:30-3:30 pm and Thursdays, 11:00 am-1:00 pm, in Allen Research Commons.
Satellite Site Tutoring
- Allen Research Commons: Drop-in sessions for graduate student writers working on long-term projects. Sessions are exclusively drop-in and cannot be booked in advance.
- Health Sciences Library: Writing consultations for Health Sciences undergraduate and graduate students.
- College of Education: Writing consultations for College of Education undergraduate and graduate students.
The OWRC also offers support to direct to instructors and departments through class visits, peer review workshops, and by-appointment consultations with the OWRC director. For more information on these support services, click here.