The Forest Service is hiring student interns and recent graduates through the Pathways Program as part of the 2019 Society of Range Management (SRM) Annual Meeting.
· Job announcements will be open Feb. 7-20.
· Applications are accepted through USAJOBS.gov.
· SRM Annual Meeting is Feb. 10-14 in Minneapolis, MN, and the Forest Service will host a recruitment event at the meeting.
Available Student Positions (Undergraduate and Graduate)
· Rangeland Management, Soil Scientist, or Wildlife Biologist – GS-0499-03/04/05 with conversion to GS-05/07/09
· Archeologist – GS-0199-05/07 with conversion to GS-0193-09
Available Recent Graduate Positions
Agency-wide merit promotion announcements will also be advertised for the following positions:
· Rangeland Management Specialist – GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-0454-07/09
· Soil Scientist – GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-0470-07/09
· Wildlife Biologist – GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-0486-07/09
· Hydrologist – GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-1315-07/09
· Geologist – GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-1350-07/09
· Range Technician – GS-04/05 with conversion to GS-0455-06 or above
· Archeologist – GS-07 with conversion to GS-0193-09
What You Need to Do
When submitting the request, select “Pathways” as the appointment type, and limit to series and grade range listed above.
Visit the National Collective Recruitment and Hiring webpage for position description numbers and additional information.
Help is Available
Questions can be directed to Doug Crosbie at dcrosbie.
Open an HR Help case:
· Call: 1-877-372-7248, Press 2
· Email: hrm_contact_center
· Self-Service: ConnectHR > HR Help link
For detailed instructions, visit the HR Help How-to Add a Case Guide.