Student Registration and Volunteer Applications now available: 2019 Salmon Recovery Conference
The 2019 Salmon Recovery Conference, Facing the Future Together offers students and Corps members (e.g., AmeriCorps, Washington Conservation Corps, Veterans Conservation Corps) a great opportunity to register at a reduced rate of $180, thanks to the generosity of conference sponsors.
Join us April 8–9, 2019 for the 7th biennial Salmon Recovery Conference at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center!
All conference attendees will
· Learn about issues, projects, and up-to-the-minute methods in Pacific Northwest salmon recovery.
· Network with salmon recovery professionals and policymakers.
· Connect with people, companies, agencies, and organizations from throughout the Northwest.
In addition, as a volunteer, you will
· Serve as a room monitor during one of the 2-hour breakout sessions at the conference.
· Build your resume by participating in this year’s conference.
· Get reimbursed for your student registration fee by working for 2–3 hours at the conference.
Interested in volunteering? Here’s what you need to do:
· Register for the conference at the student rate between March 8 and March 25. No exceptions! Online registration closes March 25.
· Apply early! Use the form attached here or salmonconference
· Only 20 volunteer spots are available.
· Before the conference: You must be able to attend a Volunteer Information Session (about 1 hour) in person at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center, during the late afternoon or early evening of Sunday, April 7 (exact time to be determined).
· During the conference: You will serve as a room monitor during one of the 2-hour breakout sessions at the conference and assist the session chair with lights, timekeeping, or other tasks.
· All potential volunteers must register for the conference between March 8 and March 25 and pay the required registration fee of $180.00.
· All potential volunteers must fill out and email the volunteer application form no later than 5 p.m., March 25, to salmonconference
· Fee waivers will not be granted.
· You are responsible for your own transportation, lodging, and meals not supplied at the conference.
· You must serve all your assigned hours to receive the registration refund.
· You must obtain a work form at the conference registration desk, fill it out, and submit it before the end of the conference—signed by the chair of your session or Recreation and Conservation Office staff member—to be reimbursed.